Innate Response Flora 20-14™ Ultra Strength (60 capsules)
Innate Response Flora 20-14™ Ultra Strength (60 capsules)
20 Billion Viable Cells of 14 Bacterial Strains
Cultivating and maintaining a balance of beneficial microflora is a foundational element in supporting optimal digestion and immunity.
Flora 20-14 is formulated to repopulate and promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the small and large intestine, and is suitable for long-term supplementation in adults.
Flora 20-14 supports the beneficial microflora of the digestive system with only naturally-occurring, non-competing flora in a non-dairy food base. INL and Innate guarantee 20 billion viable cells, providing 14 different clinically-researched strains.
We receive all our probiotic and oil products into Hong Kong via air freight and store them in refrigerated conditions at our INL warehouse.
Scientists are just now beginning to understand the connections between gut mucosa and health. As studies continue to emerge,
one thing remains clear: Gastrointestinal health is integral to maintaining and restoring overall health. This awareness is particularly important when considering how high stress levels, inadequate dietary fiber intake, and overuse of antibiotics -- all prevalent in today’s society -- may be disrupting the delicate balance needed for optimal intestinal health for many patients.
What makes one probiotic formula outperform others? Seven key factors are needed to ensure probiotic efficacy: strain diversity, adherence potential, refrigeration, glass bottles, ability to withstand stomach acid, trusted purity and a range of potencies for various applications. INNATE ResponseTM Flora Probiotic line fulfills all of these requirements with four formulas for both short- and long-term therapies to achieve better outcomes for diverse patient requirements.
Intestinal Health Challenges
Given that many people have a less than optimal diet and lifestyle, it’s likely your patients are deficient in the fiber necessary to sustain beneficial intestinal flora. Overuse of antibiotics is also fairly common, and it is known that these medications destroy the body’s friendly bacteria as a side effect of their use.
A healthy microbiome is integral to optimal health. Without this balance, the large intestine cannot perform its most important job—to support the growth of bacteria needed to produce essential vitamins such as B1, B2, B12 and K. These bacteria also perform other key functions, such as building the immune system and preventing the growth of harmful bacteria. A loss of intestinal balance can create a negative cascade effect on body systems and ultimately affect overall health.
The Seven Factor Solution
Not every strain or species has the same clinical applications. Look for these seven factors when selecting a probiotic formula for your patients.
1. Genera Diversity - A properly developed probiotic formula will include genera diversity, which supports the entire intestinal tract. INNATE’s Flora products contain four genera of probiotics, Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, Lactococcus and Streptococcus. Each is selected for its ability to adhere to human epithelial cells and its affinity to survive in different areas of the intestinal tract.u
2. Adherence Potential - Colonize the gastrointestinal tract with genera shown to have excellent adhesion to human epithelial cells.4
3. Refrigeration and Probiotic Quality - When not refrigerated, only a limited number of probiotic strains are stable for an extended period. Refrigerated formulas offer a complete range of strains. INNATE Response’s Flora products provide a complete formula and purposefully have an additional 20 percent potency in each bottle to account for any loss of activity during shipping and storage. INNATE Response does recommend cold, long-term storage for Flora products.
4. Glass Bottles Matter - Contrary to popular belief, moisture is more likely to damage probiotic activity than temperature. That is why products contained in glass bottles are superior. Unlike plastic, glass provides an impervious barrier to the outside environment and protects probiotics from the effects of heat and humidity. Instruct patients to always close the bottle after use and to store probiotics in a shelf-stable environment, such as the refrigerator, to limit exposure to excessive heat and humidity, and check the expiration date.
5. Surviving the Stomach - Proper genera selection is also crucial for ensuring that the organisms can face the dramatic variance in pH levels as they move through the digestive tract. The probiotics used in INNATE Flora products include a combination of resident and transient genera that can withstand stomach acid.u These genera were specifically chosen for their resistance to low pH conditions in the stomach and their ability to survive the presence of bile at the concentrations found in the duodenum.u Enteric coatings are not needed if the genera are resistant to stomach acid. These coatings may not fully break down in the stomach and become a barrier in the small and large intestine, which can limit the effectiveness of a probiotic formula.
6. Trusted Purity - Soy, dairy and gluten are potential allergens commonly used to grow various probiotic strains. Practitioners should confirm the products they recommend are safe for sensitive patients. INNATE’s Flora probiotics are tested to pass our strict purity specifications. All of the formulas are tested to ensure they contain no milk proteins, soy or gluten.
7. Variable Strengths - Because our individual microbe populations are impacted by diet, medication, age, environment and many other factors, prescribing probiotics is not a one-size-fits all proposition. Particular potencies are best suited for specific applications ranging from intense short-term therapy to long-term foundational therapies for different life stages. INNATE Response’s Flora formulas offer a wide-ranging probiotic ladder, including, support for all protocols and patient needs:
- Because our individual microbe populations are impacted by diet, medication, age, environment and many other factors, prescribing probiotics is not a one-size-fits all proposition. Particular potencies are best suited for specific applications ranging from intense short-term therapy to long-term foundational therapies for different life stages. INNATE Response’s Flora formulas offer a wide-ranging probiotic ladder, including, support for all protocols and patient needs.
Recommended Dosage:1 or more capsules as needed or as directed by the healthcare practitioner. Taking it with water a half-hour before meals encourages bacteria survival.
1 CN Jacobsen, VR (Nov. 1999) Screening of Probiotic Activities of Forty-Seven Strains. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 4949-4956.
3 Sahadeva, RI. (2011) Survival of commercial probiotic strains to pH and bile. International Food Research Journal, 1515-1522. 4Ibid. 1999. Applied and Environmental Microbiology.